The Great Sausage Roll Off at The Red Lion, Barnes is back for 2018
Now in its sixth year, The Great Sausage Roll Off at The Red Lion, Barnes is back and will be taking place at 7pm on Wednesday 24 January 2018, fundraising for Shooting Star Chase.
Hosted by award-winning beer and food writer Melissa Cole, chefs from across the country will be descending on The Red Lion to create the ultimate sausage roll. The judging panel will be Philip Howard [Elystan Street], Oliver Peyton OBE [Peyton and Byrne], Eric Lanlard [Master Patissier and owner of Cake Boy] and Kate Ovens [Presenter and man vs food challenges].
Last year’s competition was won by Charlie Hodson, Chef Director at Charlie's Norfolk Food Heroes, with his sausage roll, called ‘From Norfolk with Love’, which celebrated the very best of Norfolk ingredients and paid homage to a British Classic.
This year’s line-up includes:
• Anton Manganaro – BAFTA, Piccadilly
• Ben Williams – The White Swan, EC4
• Brendan Fyldes – Green & Fortune
• Charlie Hodson with Jessica-Jane Applegate MBE & Archers Butchers
• Chris Brumby – MYPIE Truck
• Cornish Duck Truck with Adrian Oliver & Stephen Marsh
• James Strawbridge - Crantock Foods
• John Grabecki – BNY Mellon
• Leigh Evans – Methuen Arms, Corsham
• Mark Thornhill, Kings Head Hursley
• Matt Follas – Bramble Café
• Ollie Chadwick - The Market Café, Knutsford
• Phil Harrison – Bears Ice Cream
• Rob Allsworth - Broadstairs College
• Robert Taylor - The Compasses Inn ,Crundale
• Si Toft – The Dining room, Abersoch
• Martin Shires – White Horse, Richmond
To enter the competition, please complete the entry form: http://www.red-lion-barnes.co.uk/rolloff
For press tickets or for further information, please contact:
[email protected] / 020 8996 2175
For further information please contact the press office:
Georgina Wald 020 8996 2198 [email protected]
Joanne Steward 020 8996 2135 [email protected]
Alice Monteath 020 8996 2175 [email protected]
Notes to Editor:
Fuller, Smith and Turner P.L.C. is an independent traditional family brewer founded in 1845 and is based at the historic Griffin Brewery in Chiswick, London, where brewing has taken place continuously since 1654. The Company runs 180 Tenanted pubs and 198 Managed Pubs and Hotels, with a focus on delicious fresh, home-cooked food, outstanding cask and craft ale, great wine and exceptional service. The Company also has 724 boutique bedrooms in its Managed estate. The Fuller’s pub estate stretches from Brighton to Birmingham and from Bristol to the Greenwich Peninsula, including 170 locations within the M25. Fuller’s owns a 76% stake in The Stable, a craft cider and gourmet pizza restaurant business, which has 17 sites in England and Wales.
The Fuller’s Beer Company brews a portfolio of premium beers including London Pride, Oliver’s Island, ESB, Organic Honey Dew and Frontier Craft Lager. The Company owns Cornish Orchards, a craft cider maker producing a range of award-winning ciders and premium soft drinks. Fuller’s is also the UK distributor for Sierra Nevada, the premier US craft beer. In December 2015, Fuller’s acquired a 51% stake in Nectar Imports, a wholesale drinks business.