Happiness Guru Danny Bent gives free talks at Fuller’s pubs
Danny Bent, one of the Independent’s 100 happiest people in the UK, an award-winning author and journalist, World Record holder, adventurer and community leader, recently gave free talks at London pubs The Tokenhouse, The George IV and The Counting House about how to live a happier life.
Danny's talks covered the types of happiness, such as connection, achievement, material and enlightenment, and how a simple change of outlook can lead you to live a happier, more fulfilling life. Find out some of Danny's top tips for a happier life below.
Who is Danny Bent?
Danny is representing Fuller’s and London Pride at the 2019 Virgin Money London Marathon and offered to give three free talks at three different Fuller’s pubs leading up to marathon day. His talks have raised more than £1,000 for Fuller’s charity partner Special Olympics Great Britain through donations from attendees.
His talk, The Happiness of Being You, covered unique, and rather unconventional, ways to fill your work and home life full of positivity. His energy, combined with his emotional and crazy stories, managed to put a smile on the face of each person that attended.
Tips for a happier life, as told by Danny Bent:
1. You can always find positivity in anything you're doing. The negative is going to happen anyway, so why not find the little piece of positive and focus on that.
2. Smile more – smiles are a powerful weapon.
3. Face your fears – break down the barriers that hold you back, because once you do you’ll see how much more you’re capable of.
4. Help people – you never know what the little things you do to help people can do to make a difference in their lives.
5. Be in the now. Take time to quieten everything around you. Find the thing that allows you to do that and make time to do it.
6. Find your tribe. Find a supportive community that says yes and supports you rather than tells you reasons why you will fail. If you surround yourself with positivity you will become a more positive person.
7. It's all a choice. Happiness lies with you. Don't wait for a near death experience to start living. Make that choice yourself.
8. And finally, be yourself.
Discover a happier you
Click here to find out more about Danny Bent.
Follow Danny on social media for updates
Follow Danny Bent on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.