Stock Exchange announcements
07-Jun-2013: Full Year Results 2013
Financial results for the 52 weeks ended 30 March 2013
- Revenue up 7% to £271.5 million (2012: £253.0 million)
- Adjusted profit before tax up 5% to £31.7 million (2012: £30.3 million)
- Adjusted earnings per share up 8% to 43.07p (2012: 39.82p)
- EBITDA up 7% to £51.2 million (2012: £47.8 million)
- Profit before tax (including exceptional items) of £35.2 million (2012: £28.8 million)
- Basic earnings per share 52.59p (2012: 42.13p)
- Final dividend up 10% to 8.35p (2012: 7.60p)
- Net debt to EBITDA 2.6 times (2012: 2.7 times)
- Managed Pubs and Hotels total sales up 9%, like for like sales up 2.1% and profits up 6%
- Agreement signed to open “London’s Pride”, the only airside pub within the new Terminal 2 at London’s Heathrow Airport in 2014
- Tenanted Inns profits6 up 18%, like for like profits up 1% and average EBITDA per pub up 9%
- New Beer Company strategy in execution:
- Elegant new 500ml bottle launched, with all labels redesigned and updated
- Launch of Frontier, our new wave craft lager, brewed over 42 days for a more memorable flavour
- Entry into the premium cider market through acquisition of Cornish Orchards Limited for £3.8m (completed 4 June 2013)
- For the nine weeks to 1 June 2013, Managed Pubs and Hotels like for like sales up 7.0%
“I am pleased to announce a strong performance by the Group, driven by our pub acquisitions and developments. Our adjusted earnings per share rose by an impressive 8% to 43.07p (2012: 39.82p) and the recommended total dividend also increased 8%, delivering real value to our shareholders.”
“We are excited to be implementing our new Beer Company strategy which features a number of initiatives. We have just launched our latest product innovation, Frontier, a new wave craft lager brewed over 42 days and unpasteurised to satisfy discerning drinkers looking for more flavour. We have also entered into the premium cider market through the recent acquisition of Cornish Orchards and their flagship brand, Cornish Gold, a truly delicious, quality craft cider made from freshly pressed apples.”
“Trading for the current year has started positively and like for like sales in our Managed Pubs and Hotels were up 7.0%. We look forward to the prospect of a year less blighted by the weather in which consumers are inspired to enjoy the summer in the great British pub, or even better, in that pub’s garden.”
For further information please contact:
Fuller, Smith & Turner P.L.C.
Press Office: 0208 996 2048 / 2135
Paul Downes 07900 244888
Justine Warren 07785 555692
 Adjusted profit is the profit before tax excluding exceptional items.
 Calculated using adjusted profit after tax and the same weighted average number of shares as for the basic earnings per share and using a 40p ordinary share.
 Pre-exceptional earnings before interest, tax, depreciation, loss on disposal of plant and equipment and amortisation.
 Calculated on a 40p ordinary share
 Pro forma net debt to EBITDA is adjusted as appropriate for the pubs acquired or disposed of in the period.
 Operating profit before exceptional items.
Category: Final Results